CAPS TaqI restriction site

Michael Prigge prigge at biology.lsa.umich.edu
Thu Mar 30 11:48:22 EST 2000

It probably isn't methylation since you have presumably amplified the
genomic DNA using PCR--that would have gotten rid of any of the
methylation.  I would check the enzyme or digest conditions.
Mike

 On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Kwangchul Oh wrote:

> I am currently doing CAPS analysis. While I was screening various
> restriction enzymes, I've got
> weird results. There were several TaqI sites in my marker sequences that
> might show polymorphism.
> However, TaqI did not cut anything. So, I suspect the methylation on that
> site inhibited the digestion. Is there any easy way to test my assumption?
>
> Thanks
>
> KwangChul Oh
>
> Oregon State University
> Botany and Plant Pathology
> Cordely Hall 2082
> Corvallis, OR 97331-2902

Michael J. Prigge           phone: (734) 647-4153
Department of Biology         fax: (734) 647-0884
University of Michigan
830 North University
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1048