SP6, T3 and T7 transcriptions

tfitzwater at gilead.com tfitzwater at gilead.com
Thu Mar 30 14:41:46 EST 2000

>Subject: SP6, T3 and T7 transcriptions
>From: Dr. Duncan Clark (Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk)
>Date: Wed 29 Mar 2000 - 16:12:11 BST

> Hi Folks,
>
> Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember seeing an article or
> publication that basically said that for best efficiency of phage
> transcription put this base or sequence after the promoter but before
> what you want to transcribe.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is so or point me towards where I could find
> this info.?

1.  J. Milligan and O. Uhlenbeck 1989 Meth. Enz 180, 51-62.
2.   Pascal J. Lopez, Jean Guillerez, Rui Sousa and Marc Dreyfus, 1997.
The low processivity of T7 RNA polymerase over the initially transcribed
sequence can limit productive initiation in vivo.  J. Mol. Biol. 269:
41-51.
3.   John F. Milligan, Duncan R. Groebe, Gary W. Witherell and Olke C.
Uhlenbeck, 1987.  Oligonucleotide synthesis using T7 RNA polymerase and
synthetic DNA templates.  Nucleic Acids Res.  15 (21):  8783-8798.

Tim Fitzwater
Gilead Sciences

---