RNase contamination and yellow MOPS?!?

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer PGegen at UKans.nolospamare.edu
Thu Mar 30 16:12:29 EST 2000

ð On 21 Mar 2000, Wolfgang Schechinger wrote:

ð -I'd appreciate any explanation why our MOPS buffer  (pH 7, compsition
ð -below) got yellow after autoclaving. Is this commonly observed? .....

 ** As another poster said, MOPS isn't heat-stable. Fred Niedhardt's original
MOPS buffer for bacterial growth was to be sterile-filtered.

And if the yellow color were RNase, you'd be looking at several mg/ml protein
in your previously clear buffer!

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:50:31, csc <un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de>