PCR lore

Richard P. Grant rgrant at netscape.net
Fri Mar 31 02:16:07 EST 2000

In article <38E3A932.B150CF8F at biocomp.unl.edu>, Chris LaRosa
<clarosa at biocomp.unl.edu> wrote:

> > >  I bet it does not have a pretty GUI interface like the Oligo
> > > program, which tends to lull me into thinking the calculations are
> > > actually valid.
> >
> > Wha'??
>
> Pretty Graphically User Interface (GUI)... point and click as opposed to
> command line or spreadsheet.... Too much thinking is involved in the old
> fashioned command line (dos-like) way computers used to be

Chris,

I understand perfectly what a GUI is, but I wondered which you trusted
more, the GUI or the command line, and why you'd trust a GUI more?

IAMFI

Richard P. Grant MAD Phil          http://www.gerbil.org.uk/
Please reply to rpg 'at' mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk

'There's a fine line between genius and just farting around'