Small glass plates for cell culture

Svein-Ole Mikalsen s.o.mikalsen at
Tue May 2 09:11:23 EST 2000

>If you don't care about the exact size or shape, you can try what I did a
>long time ago when I was doing some microinjection of cells and needed to
>inject all the cells on small glass chip: I would crush some glass
>coverslips in a mortar and pestle, and select out the ones that were the
>right size with a pair of fine, pointed forceps.
>Nick Theodorakis
>nicholas_theodorakis at

We have thought of breaking coverslips to pick suitable pieces, but I think
this soon would be tiresome. It is also easier to handle square glass pieces,
I assume. The thing is that we do already have some 3 x 3 mm glass plates,
but they are from prehistorical times, and nobody knows where thay came from.
We are now reaching the end of the supply...