Cleaning a mortar/pestel

Savita Shah spshah at stanford.edu
Wed May 3 15:31:26 EST 2000

How many gm or milligrams of tissue you are using? You can get 10 mortar
and pestle (small ones) and use them once .. and as you finish grinding
one sample  put them in small tub of warm water (with commercial
detergents like Dawn/joy, palmolive.. ) anyways.. you will probably  have
to incubate you samples in extraction buffers for 10 to 15 min.. and so
that way you get a break from grinding samples.. Wash the mortor and
pestles and rinse with 70% Ethanol and use them for teh next batch of
samples!!!