Sau3AI partial digestion problem!!!

nospam at nospam at
Thu May 4 13:28:50 EST 2000

This message has been posted by:  612 right <i.hinners at>

Dear Rodney,
I tried to that by varying the time frame, but I also had difficulties to
get reproducible results depending on the scale of the digest....
I ended up doing full digest with a numer of different enzymes that cut
more rarely......

Sorry, maybe not of much help nor encouriging...

Rodney Earl Pettway wrote:

> I am trying to do a partial Sau3AI digestion.  I set up pilot
> experiments to determine the correct units of Sau3AI to use but when I
> try and repeat the reaction that gives me the appropriate size DNA
> fragments the DNA is overdiestged.  Please help!!!!!!!!
> Thank you very much and have a great day.
> Rodney Earl Pettway
> USDA-ARS Cereal Disease Lab
> St.Paul, MN. 55018
> earlpettway at