need help (fwd)

Mao Yang my3 at Ra.MsState.Edu
Fri May 5 11:02:20 EST 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 23:17:01 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mao  Yang <my3 at Ra.MsState.Edu>
To: biosci-help at net.bio.net
Subject: need help

Hello, Mr. or Ms. Scientist:

 I'm a graduate student in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department
of Mississippi State University. My name is Mao Yang. I am the student of
Dr. Dawn Luthe. I met a problem recently. I hope you can help me. Thank
you.

 I transformed the construct I made into Arabidopsis by
Agrobacterium-mediated transformation (pBI121 as vector), and trasgenic
plants (F1 and F2) were selected with kanamycin(50 ug/ml). The
transformant was confirmed by PCR. But the F3 genetration(produced by
selfing F2 plants) could not resist Kanamycin although the transformant
could identified on the plants (by did PCR to the genomic DNA of F3 plant
material). I have not any idea what happened. I really appreciate your
response.

  My e-mail address is : my3 at ra.msstate.edu

  Sincerely,
  Mao Yang.