how to avoid poly(A)tails in a cDNA library

Deshui Zhang dzhang at TTACS.TTU.EDU
Fri May 5 12:03:24 EST 2000

Dear netters,

Could anyone please provide some information for avoiding the long
tails of poly(A/)or(T) in cDNA clones of a cDNA library? We are
constructing cDNA libraries with Stratage cDNA synthesis kit for
EST sequencing. With these cDNA libraries we will do the normalization
and/or subtraction. Somebody argues that the possible long tails
of poly(dA/dT)(>100bp) within cDNA clones might affect the efficiency
of subtraction. Are there any ways to avoid the formation of this kind
of long poly (dA/T) tails with the oligo(dT)-primed synthesis appproach?
And are there available commercial kits for random-primed cDNA synthesis?

Many thanks!

Deshui Zhang
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-2122