chloramphenicol amplification of plasmids

Benny Lo benny at holmes.cancres.nottingham.ac.uk
Mon May 8 16:33:49 EST 2000

Dear All,

I have been trying some Maxipreps with the Qiafilter kit but with very poor
yield. The plasmid I am trying to purify is a low copy, pSV2neo based vector
(contains a pBR322 fragment) and according to Maniatis, would benefit from
chloramphenicol amplification. Has anyone tried this out for maxipreps and
did you use the Maniatis protocol? How useful is this step? At present I am
only getting about 100 micrograms out from a 180mL E coli culture.

Any recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks.

BL.