DIG labelling

Steven L Goldberg steven.goldberg at bms.com
Tue May 9 12:55:07 EST 2000

I like using Amersham's ECL Direct labeling and hybridization kit because
it is very easy to use and the washing steps are very quick.  The
disadvantage is that you can't wash very stringently because the HRP
enzyme used as the "tag" is not very heat stable.  This is a problem
mainly if you are probing DNA with high G + C content (over 65%),
especially with colony blots.  In these instances the DIG system is a
better choice.