Internal deletions by PCR

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at
Fri May 12 05:33:05 EST 2000

you could try the quick change protocol with a complementary primer
pair in order to "loop out" the unwanted region.
Yust an idea, has anyone tried this yet?

> From:          "Ulf S. Andersson" <u_andersson2 at>
> Subject:       Internal deletions by PCR
> Date:          Thu, 11 May 2000 16:02:19 -0500
> To:            methods at

> Hi,
> I wonder if anybody could tip me on a good and fast way of making
> internal deletions in a plasmid by PCR. I have previously done it by
> introducing new restriction sites by site directed mutagenesis (and
> then digesting and re-ligating) which takes quite a long time...
> there must be a smarter way. /Ulf.
This message is encrypted. Use your brain to decode it.
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger, Dept. of Pathobiochemistry
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wolfgang.schechinger at
usual disclaimers apply