Midi Prep without centrifugation?

Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Fri May 12 09:52:50 EST 2000

You may try cellulosic filters. However, there would be  no guarantee that
pure plasmid is obtained. For the kits, I believe they use some sort of
tightly packed silanized glassfibre for filtration. You may try to use
either gravity or very slow (low pressure) vaccuum for the filtration.

At 10:23 AM 5/12/00 +0200, Gregor Bucher wrote:
>HI netters!
>as we have no Sorvall centrifuge close to our lab we would like to do
>midipreps without centrifugation. In the Quia-filter Midi kit they get rid
>of the cell debris by a filter step - is there any good (and cheap) way
>filtering the lysate?
>Thanks a lot!
>Gregor Bucher, Zoologisches Institut der LMU München
>st2153 at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de

Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003