Anaerobic expression of GFP?

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue May 16 03:20:03 EST 2000

Cornelius,

Your proposal is a very good idea for studying the correct folding. I
still want to render my GFP fluorescent, but *after* the expresseion,
somewhat controlled. The chemistry of the chromophor is interfering
with my experiment since it doesn't consist of amino acids.

Wolfgang

> "Wolfgang Schechinger" <Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de>
> wrote: > I'd like to express and His-tag purify GFP expressed
> preferably in > E. coli. But I need to prevent the formation of the
> chromophore wich > is formed by oxidation. > Any ideas?
>
> Mutation of one of the three amino acids that form the chromophore?
> This should yield a non-fluorescent protein that most likely folds
> in the same way than GFP.
>
> --Cornelius.
>
> --
> /* Cornelius Krasel, U Wuerzburg, Dept. of Pharmacology, Versbacher
> Str. 9 */ /* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email:
> phak004 at rzbox.uni-wuerzburg.de  SP4 */ /* "Science is the game we
> play with God to find out what His rules are."  */
-----
This message is encrypted. Use your brain to decode it.
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger, Dept. of Pathobiochemistry
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wolfgang.schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm
-----