Looking for good RNA extraction columns

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed May 17 09:27:43 EST 2000

>You dont need column kits for total RNA.

While this is true, I think column kits are an attractive alternative in
many cases, espcecially if a lab has little experience with RNA work, and
isn't really planning on getting into it big time.  It may be cheaper to
buy an $80 kit to do a few preps, than to have to gather all the other
reagents and supplies, etc.  And as a vetern of thousands of RNA preps from
yeast and plants using conventional methods, I have to admit that I've come
to appreciate the time savings a kit can provide.

Mike

Michael L. Sullivan, Ph.D

U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center
1925 Linden Drive West