Petr Kuzmic pkuzmic at
Tue May 23 12:00:27 EST 2000

George Flentke wrote:
> In article <392AAB9E.BCEA3629 at>, Chris LaRosa <clarosa at> wrote:
> >Dont be lazy.....look it up.
> >
> >Guy Reimnitz wrote:
> >>
> >> I have some problem to find scatchard protocol for the measure of the
> >> affinity between a nuclear receptor and his hormone.  can someone help
> >> to find informations
> >>
> >>               Jeff   gree9do at
> Yeah, but since it was published in 1949, it is not on any computer database
> as such.  The real question is since we are all on computers (or we wouldn't
> be on this newsgroup), why would he want such an error prone graphical
> analysis in the first place.  Time to move on.

I'll second that, George ;)

Anyone interested in modern methods for analyzing binding data (e.g.,
receptor-ligand interactions) could benefit from looking at the program
DYNAFIT [P. Kuzmic (1996) Anal. Biochem. 237, 260-273].

This is program where you can specify the receptor-ligand binding
mechanism without using any mathematics.  For example, the classic
Scatchard analysis would be set up simply by typing:

	   Receptor + Ligand <===> Complex   :   Kd   equil.

	   Kd = 123.45 ?  ; put your initial estimate here

	   file any_data_file.txt

That's it.  The program determines the binding constant starting from
the initial estimate.  The mechanism can be completely arbitrary and
contain up to 100 molecular species.  Included with the program
distribution are several examples of receptor-ligand binding (real data,
from various laboratories) and a 130 page manual.

Medline abstract for DynaFit original paper:

Download DynaFit (freeware!):

Hope this help,

	- Petr

Petr Kuzmic, Ph.D. * BioKin, Ltd. * Consulting & Software Development * (608) 256-4790 * (608) 256-1269 FAX