DNA extraction from Nitrocellulose and nylon

Tue May 23 20:41:54 EST 2000

In article <200005221428.IAA229522 at nestor.NMSU.Edu>, hroychow at nmsu.edu ("Hiranya S. Roychowdhury") wrote:
>I think that the NA's are covalently "fixed" to nylon. However, there may be
>some ways to recover NA's from NC or PVDF. If you receive some good protocol
>on these, would you please post them on the group too?

Is there something intrinsically wrong with using positively charged NC (forgot
how Millipore calls it) and eluting with very high salt? I bet 8 M GuHCl, since it
will take care of both ionic and hydrophobic interaction, will do the job.

        - Dima