Will are being a Bio-valley very soon?

I-Wei maidm at cts.comnot
Thu May 25 02:37:04 EST 2000

My former employer used to hand out posters of "Biotech Beach."
Technically, it runs from Thousand Oaks (Amgen) all the way to San Diego,
California.  It is amazing how many biotechnology companies exist here in
San Diego. This website:
http://www.biospace.com/b2/company_region.cfm?regionID=12

Lists all the companies that are part of Biotech Beach.  On the same page,
it actually lists other biotechnology hotbeds:

BioCanada
BioCapital
BioForest
BioIsrael
Biotech Bay
Biotech Beach
BioTechxus
BioUK
Genetown
Pharm Country
Research Triangle

I wonder how many of these companies will actually still be around in 10
years.

I-Wei

""Wolfgang Schechinger"" <Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote
in message news:200005231238.OAA15849 at intwww.zit.med.uni-tuebingen.de...