double stranded RNA...how to look for it?

Nancy Terryn nater at gengenp.rug.ac.be
Thu May 25 10:25:31 EST 2000

hello,

could anyone of you help me with hints how to work with dsRNA without
having sequence data? Can it be isolated ? Manipulated?
I have a case of a naturally transcribed anti-sense RNA in plants that I
am writing a story about and I would like to show that the presence of
dsRNA in plants is more common then thought off. All I find are
experiments in relation to a specific known (silenced) gene. Maybe
people in Drosophila or mammals have ideas?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Nancy

Nancy Terryn
DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS                         Fax:32 (0)9 2645349
UNIVERSITY OF GENT, K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie                           VIB
mailto:nater at gengenp.rug.ac.be    	   http://www.plantgenetics.rug.ac.be