DNA supercoiling

rogier stugerNOstSPAM at cellbiology.uni-frankfurt.de.invalid
Fri May 26 03:24:29 EST 2000

Hi Ronan,
I'm using pBR as a supercoiling reporter. In my recA+ strain,
the plasmid sometimes forms dimers, which are about 8 kbp.
Although individual topoisomers are visible in the 8 k dimer,
differences in supercoiling between different samples are hard to
spot.
But you might give it a shot with low % gels and/or long run
times. With such a big plasmid the range of possible topoisomers
may be very wide, tho. So if you can use a smaller plasmid I
would try that first.
Good luck,
Rogier Stuger
Mol Cell Physiol, Free U of Amsterdam
E rogier AT bio.vu.nl

make money by writing reviews on kits, enzymes, chemicals, ...
sign up at biowire thru this link:

http://www.biowire.com/bw_jsp/gate_top.jsp?add=1&referrer=rogier

and you get a free laserpointer
(they pay me 5 bucks if you sign up thru this link