apoptosis

Frank O. Fackelmayer Frank.Fackelmayer at uni-konstanz.de
Mon May 29 05:28:02 EST 2000

Hi Menno,
Give staurosporine a try. Most cells react and undergo apoptosis in a
concentration range between 0.5uM (very sensitive cells like
T-lymphocytes) and 10uM (very robust cells like COS7). See, e.g. Kipp et
at. (2000), JBC 275:5031-5036 for a recent paper from my lab where we
used staurosporine on COS7 and MCF-7 cells. I´d guess that for
macrophages a concentration of 1uM may be sufficient, but a titration in
the entire range may be helpful to get the best rate of apoptosis.

Hope this helps,
Frank