Utility to select restriction enzymes for inverse PCR?

Henryk Bochmann bochmann-usenet0500 at gmx.net
Mon May 29 11:21:55 EST 2000

Susanne Rohrer <"srohrer(removethis)"@immv.unizh.ch> wrote:
> Henryk Bochmann wrote:

>> what I meant is a software or webpage which take your sequence and
>> return a map of restriction sites in that sequence, based on the
>> enzymes you select.

> http://dot.imgen.bcm.tmc.edu:9331/seq-util/seq-util.html

> Try the webcutter on this site (someone else posted this site here a while ago)

I know that one, I've worked at Baylor. It doesn't list the enzymes
that do not cut the desired sequence while being cutters of a certain
probability.

WebGene at http://darwin.bio.geneseo.edu/~yin/WebGene/RE.html does
allow selection by probability of restriction. However, it does not
consider probability when listing those enzymes that do not cut, and
lists all instead.

Regards,
Henryk