no waterphase in phenolextraction

LoPony ctfrench at
Tue May 30 23:27:11 EST 2000

Make sure the phenol is saturated with buffer-

Try adding 1/4 to 1 vol of chloroform to the prep after mixing the phenol
and then centrifuge.  I've had this experience myself in some RNA
extractions.  A little chloroform won't hurt anything and adds density of

Good luck.

Christopher Todd French
UAB Dept. of Comparative Medicine
1670 Univ. Blvd, VH 422