How does G-50 work?

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Wed May 31 04:07:49 EST 2000

In article <8h0tde$in0$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, kab35 at my-deja.com writes
>Could you please explain (I must  have a mental block) how G-50 allows
>linearized labeled riboprobe to pass through and how unlabelled
>nucleotides are trapped in the G-50 column?
>
>I understand size exclusion must play a role, but........how?

Can I suggest you talk nicely to Amersham Pharmacia Biotech, in fact I
suggest one person in every lab asks them nicely, for their principles
and methods handbooks on the following:

Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography - Cat. No. 18-1020-90
Ion Exchange Chromatography - Cat. No. 18-1022-19
Gel filtration - Cat. No. 18-1022-18.

Great handbooks and they used to be free although I see they now have a
UKP5.00 price tag in the catalogue.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark