FISH labels

Scott Coutts scott.coutts at med.monash.edu.au
Sat Nov 4 21:23:51 EST 2000

Jochem wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does anyone has experience with FISH-pobes, labeled with Alexa fluorchromes?
> Are these really brighter and more photostabile than the other fluorchromes
> (FITC, TRITC, Cy3)?
>
> Jochem

Well, firstly I'll say that I havent had a great deal of experience with
them, but... Recently we changed to an Alexa fluorochrome from FITC and
it was MUCH better - brighter and a lot more photostable. The signal
from our samples were just visible with FITC, and after repeating the
procedure with Alexa they were very clear and perfectly visible.

Scott J. Coutts
Department of Microbiology
Monash University, Australia