cloning dsr

Andrew O'Neill andy_oneill at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 01:13:24 EST 2000

I'm a PhD student working in microbial ecology.  For quite some months I've
been trying to clone the dissimilatory sulfite reductase (dsr) gene from
environmental samples.  As the primers are degenerate, I have multiple bands
and preparation for cloning requires gel excision and purification. Have
tried pGEM-T, pCR script, pCRII, pCR-TOPO, pCR-TOPO-XL....  as you can all
imagine, a lot of money and a lot of sweat (and tears!) have gone into this
process.  Any experience/advice greatly appreciated.

kind regards,
Andrew.