best software

philipp.pagel at cmp.yale.edu philipp.pagel at cmp.yale.edu
Mon Nov 6 22:52:33 EST 2000

Jarmo Schrader <Jarmo.Schrader at Something.genfys.slu.se> wrote:

> I have ben using the Mac version of VNTI for about a year now and must
> say that it is a software with potential but has still a long way to go
> what comes to usability in a research oriented lab.

I agree: some aspects are not quite ready for routine use.
Some examples:

- At first the database concept sounds very good but in my every day work it
  is real annoying that everything must go into the database.
- Editing a sequence is much more confusiong than it needs to be.
- Why the hell is is the menu entry for creating a new sequence file not
	in the "file" menu as in every other software on this planet???
- Why does the window resize back to the default every single time I change
	the restriction enzyme list?
- The menu arrangement is not exactly intuitive.

Why is there no recent version of GeneRunner? I liked that program -
even though it had some bugs aswell...

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Cellular and Molecular Physiology         phone: (203) 785-6835