Inactivating enzymes before [NADH] assay

Tim Barnett tbarnett at bimcore.emory.edu
Tue Nov 7 17:53:17 EST 2000

Hi all,

I am interested in performing a coupled NAD-dependent enzyme assay where
I will measure the amount of NADH produced after a period of time.
However, I need a way to inactivate the enzyme without affecting the
NADH in the reaction mixture. It appears that NADH is sensitive to both
acid and heat, which are the only strategies I can think of. If anyone
has any ideas on how to do this I would be very thankful.

- Tim

--
Tim Barnett, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow