how to quantify pcr products

Karen Roberts leehrat at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 7 18:08:21 EST 2000

I have tried using spec measurements but the yield is so low after

I have purified the products that the readings give me next to or
nothing.

Next, I have run samples on a gel and dna is there but how can I
quantify it?  I tried comparing the bands to bands of the marker (I
called the company and got the formula for how much dna each marker band
has based on how much you loaded of the marker) but I am getting numbers
that make no sense when I do this gel estimation.

I can give further details if you wish to email me privately but for
now, what do others do to quantitate the amount of pcr product purified?

MF