Philip O'Brien obrien at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Nov 9 01:55:26 EST 2000

We have been getting a lot of smearing in our PCR reactions.  Sometimes we
get a discreet band, but most of the time its a smear.  We get this with
different primer pairs so it dosent't appear to be confined to one pair.
The reactions are all set up on ice to minimize aberrant priming before
thermalcycling.  I would be grateful if anyone could give me information on
how to eliminate the problem.

Philip O'Brien
Division of Science
School of Biological Sciences & Biotechnology ,
Murdoch University,
Murdoch WA 6150,

Ph Nat     61-8-9360 2785
Fax         61-8-9310 7084

This message is a confidential communication. Please do not pass
this message or its contents on to other persons and discard if you
are not the intended recipient.