BL21 Codon-plus

Mizar molla-remove- at mailserver.unimi.it
Thu Nov 9 06:51:15 EST 2000

Hi everyone,
After many efforts, we are not still able to express our recombinant
human protein in E. coli. so we are thinking to switch to codon-plus
strain.
Someone tried the BL21 codon plus (DE3) strain from Stratagene?

Another question: there are 2 strains with different tRNAs:
both have the AGA/AGG tRNA but
RP posses the CCC tRNA
RIL posses the AUA and CUA tRNAs

In my gene I have 6 CCC codons and 4 AUA + 3 CUA codons;
do you think it's better to overcome the 6CCC problem (RP strain)
or the 4AUA+3CUA problem?
In other words are more problematic 6 unusals codons of the
same type or 7 unusal codons of different types?

Thank you for your attention.

Bye

Gianluca Molla Ph.D.
Dept. of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Insubria
via J.H. Dunant 3, 21100 Varese (ITALY), mail:
gianluca.molla at uninsubria.it
Tel. ++39-0332-421414 Fax. ++39-0332-421500