RBS site?

R. Jayakumar jakku at mrna.tn.nic.in
Fri Nov 10 00:38:15 EST 2000

hi..
the RBS in prokaryotes normally is of the form GGAGA or GGAGG also called as
the shine-Dalgarno sequence, which is present exactly 8 bp upstream of ATG
or start codon.  You can just look for this sequence upstream and you find
it.
   best of luck
jayakumar

R. JAYAKUMAR
CSIR- Senior Research Fellow
Dept. of Molecular Microbiology,
School of Biotechnology,
Madurai Kamaraj University,
Madurai - 625 021.
India
email: jakku at linuxfan.com
tel: +91-452-858471-374
efax: (603)-688-4665
"YOu harvest what you sow.. so sow happiness everywhere"