Qiagen Buffer Receipes

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at yahoo.co.uk.invalid
Fri Nov 10 03:59:35 EST 2000

In article <3.0.6.32.20001109203923.007c2ba0 at cnmailsvr.nmsu.edu>,
hroychow at nmsu.edu ("Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury") wrote:

> I believe the N3 is the 3M KOAc and the PB is similar to PE with a higher
> salt conc.

N3 is probably lower than 3M KOac as I know one can get away with a lot
less.  Might be as low as 300 mM. PE will be (probably) Tris-buffered
KOAc (agh, don't quite me on that (-: - the concentration is reasonably
low, anyway, about 50 mM final ISTR).

PB is about 4M GnHCL/50% isopropanol (sniff it).  This is all published
- but might take some finding.

> Wont the Qiagen people let us know the recipe, since we
> invariably run out of the solns before using up all the columns?

We usually run out of columns first . . . .  well, the mini-prep spin
columns anyway, we don't use the maxi/midi prep gear.

HTH

Richard P. Grant                                     MRC Lab of Mol Biol
rpg 'at' mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk   http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/personal/rpg/
   'When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping.
         Men invade another country' -- Elayne Boosler