Cell fractioning-Nuclei isolation

Stephen Snowdy snowds at med.unc.edu
Mon Nov 13 22:00:59 EST 2000

I'm actually just trying to find out which compartement a protein
trafficks to after coming off the ribosome (w/out using IHC), i.e. does
it go to the nucleus, or does it end up in a cytoplasmic soluble or
insoluble fraction.  So I guess I just need to make sure that no
cytoplasmic soluble or insoluble components are in with my nuclei.  I
think the way I'm doing it (spinning nuclei down at 3300 x g) ends up
pelleting the mitochondria down with the nuclei, but I'm not really
sure.  Any help?

Steve.