metaphase...

Ulf S. Andersson u-andersson2 at northwestern.edu
Wed Nov 15 12:41:21 EST 2000

Hi everone,
I am probably in the wrong newsgroup, but I am sure somebody out there
can help me on this.
I need to do immunostaining on cells (fibroblasts) which are in
metaphase and anaphase. I was thinking about synchronizing them with
aphidicolin and then release the block and fix them after different
timepoints. So my question is, what is the appropriate time to wait
following release of the block, in order to have a lot of cells in
metaphase and or anaphase? And if anyone knows of any simpler or better
(but not necessarily simpler) ways of synchronizing cells, please let me
know!
Thanks!
/Ulf.