96-well pcr sealing

Tim Spahlinger txs at po.cwru.edu
Wed Nov 15 17:14:12 EST 2000

I haven't used your thermal cycler, but I have used mineral
oil (one drop carefully layered over the top of the reaction
mix; then, seal the tube) to eliminate evaporation.  Sigma
Chemical Company sells it.  I would say that if only your
outside wells are evaporating, it's possible that your
heating block is not being evenly heated.  In this case, the
machine should be checked out and repaired, if necessary.