Penny May Avoles Kianian P_Kianian at
Thu Nov 16 16:26:37 EST 2000

         I don't know if my experience can be of help to you.  We work with
plant root tips.  To synchronize them we either treat them with colchicine
for a few hours or some researchers report using cold water to synchronize.
Colchicine probably won't be an option since it breaks down the spindle
fibers and stops cell division progression.  The cold water approach might
be more feasible for what you are doing.  Unfortunately, I am not fimilar
with the technique to provide additional details.

--On Wednesday, November 15, 2000, 11:41 AM -0600 "Ulf S. Andersson"