Colorless media

Emir ekhatipo at
Thu Nov 16 23:13:25 EST 2000

I am not sure what you mean by colorless: for a human eye, or not absorbing
light in a particular wavelength region?

You may try minimal media like M9, which contains mainly NaCl, phosphate
buffer, ammonium, carbon source of your choice, other supplements like
vitamins and aminoacids (that may absorb light in a short wavelength
region). It is colorless (for a human eye), but growth rates of E.coli on it
are lower compared to reach media.

news:8v20ct$pr6$1 at