Cyclone Phosphoimager systems (radioactive work only)

WSchick at WSchick at
Fri Nov 17 07:55:40 EST 2000

If you don't need the huge sequencing gel size of the MD,  the Cyclone from
Canberra Packard in Mississauga is a personal size and budget priced high
resolution phosphorimager.  It just does radioactives, so you can separate
your rad work from your chemiluminescence--Canberra sells a combination
system if you want that.  Because of its high resolution, you can use the
Novex precast sequencing gels and get a couple of hundred basepair separation
faster than you can on MD or FX.

They'll demo it, I'm sure.  For details, I think the web site is to search for cyclone imager if
this address doesn't work.

Walt Schick

PS:  I haven't used one myself, but just passing on hearsay from other users.