Peptide concentration assay

Mark Bowen mbo at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Nov 17 04:52:01 EST 2000

There are several methods, many with commercially available reagents, for
colorimetrically determining protein concentrations.  look into BCA assay,
Bradford, Amido black.  Bio-Rad carries reagents of these types.  Molecular
probes  also makes a fluorescent detection reagent which they claim has good
sensitivity and is not as affected by reaction conditions.

--
Mark Bowen

Laboratory of Axel Brunger
Howard Hughes Medical Institute