Formula to determine coverage

nospam at our.site nospam at our.site
Tue Nov 21 08:23:06 EST 2000

This message has been posted by:  m.mitchell at REMOVE-THIS-TO-SENDicrf.icnet.uk (Mike Mitchell)

Quite a qhile I remember seeing a formula that determines the minimum
number of sub clones required of a certain size that should, within a
certain confidence limit, give complete coverage of an insert of given
length. It involved natural logs and things like that.

Can anyone help - or am I going slowly mad?

Thanx

--
Michael Mitchell                 "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                  I'll be back for breakfast."