Putting genes back on the chromosome???

Shaun styler44 at home.com
Sun Nov 26 16:13:07 EST 2000

I am looking to introduce a 50 kb chunk of DNA back into the chromosome
of a bacteria.  I currently have the region cloned but it is to be used
in animal studies and I am concerned about its loss without the presence
of antibiotics.  The genes of interest are flanked by sequence which is
common to the sensitive strain we plan on transforming and I had hoped
that we could stably introduce this into the chromosome via
recombination.  Are there suicide vectors available or other methods by
which this could be accomplished?  This newsgroup is my first stop for
information so any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Shaun

Shaun Tyler
Canadian Science Centre for Human and Animal Health
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ph:  (204) 789-6030
Fax: (204) 789-2018
Email: shaun_tyler at hc-sc.gc.ca