isolating 197bp fragment

cracker besco.1 at osu.edu
Sun Nov 26 17:15:08 EST 2000

i had very good luck with the agarose gel purification kit from qiagen (no
affiliation)
it includes a step for isolation small or large fragments, to add
isopropanol to increase yield.  It even worked well with 4% agarose gel (low
melting).  The same kit also gave good yields on a 12 kb piece of dsDNA too,
where other methods and kits failed.

hope this helps

Julie

news:8vgmri$1dg$1 at hpngsv01.mgh.harvard.edu...