platelet granules marker protein

Mon Nov 27 09:34:46 EST 2000

behrends at plexus.uke.uni-hamburg.de wrote:
:
:Dear netters,
:
:we do biochemical fractionation of human platelets
:to seperate plasma membrane from intracellular
:granules. We would need a good antibody for a protein
:that is expressed in platelet granules to characterize
:our fractions that we get over a sucrose gradient.
:So far we have found CD63 and a polyclonal and a mono-
:clonal antibody is available from Santa Cruz. But there
:are as yet no publications with Western blots and we
:do not know whether CD63 expression in human platelets
:granules is high enough to be detected by these antibodies.
:I imagine that there should be other proteins in the
:membrane of human platelet granules that are better
:characterized and where antibodies are procurable for
:Western blot.
:

Platelets secrete hexosaminidase and platelet factor 4
through granule exocytosis. There should be Ab for both
available. Additionally, it is said that Rab6 localizes almost
exclusively to platelet dense core granules. Anti Rab6
are available for sure.

        - Dima