Deanne Bell dbell at
Mon Nov 27 11:41:58 EST 2000

I don't know anything about PEG contamination, but I do know that PAGE gels
can also go bad if your ammonium persulfate and / or TEMED are old. The
symptoms would be slow polymerization and / or a bumpy, jagged surface. A
quick test would be to prepare a gel doubling the amount of AP or TEMED and
see if you get better gels.