Localisation of RNA usin acridine orange

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Tue Nov 28 15:19:04 EST 2000

Hello all.

I'm intending a prelim experiment using acridine orange. I've been told
0.5micro g/ml in media is fine and using standard fluorescence microscope
to view. I thought of 30 mins treatment wash in PBS and quickly view.

The idea is to view RNA localisation before thinking about mRNA ISH with a
fluorescent probe.

Does anyone have a protocol for this or could you offer advice regarding
the detection or RNA stability etc etc.

I'm going to give it a try anyway, but would welcome hints and tips. :-)

Cheers
Bob; Cloudy Scotland

--
Robert Hartley, Centre for Cell Engineering,Joseph Black Building
University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ Tel: ++44 (0)141 330 4756,
Fax: 0141 330 3730 mailto:rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Web : http://www.gla.ac.uk/Inter/CellEngineering