Fw: Mammalian cell colony counter

Deanne Bell dbell at qnis.net
Tue Nov 28 18:16:22 EST 2000

----------
> From: Emir <ekhatipo at NOSPAMmidway.uchicago.edu>
> To: methods at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
> Subject: Mammalian cell colony counter
> Date: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 2:34 PM
>
> Hi,
> I would appreciate any feed-back or suggestions on a good
(semi-)automated
> program or equipment that would be capable of counting stained (w/
crystal
> violet) mammalian cell culture colonies in Petri dishes.
> Thanks.
> Emir

Hi Emir
We use a system from Alpha Innotech (no affiliation). It does all sorts of
stuff; semi-automated assignment of molecular weights on gels, colony
counts, spot densitometry.  Contact them to get info.  Bio-Rad sells a
similar camera system but I am not familiar with their software, so I don't
know if it would do colony counting.

Alpha Innotech Corporation
14743 Catalina Street
San Leandro, CA 94577