Identifying amino acid repeats

Frank Fuerst ffrank at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Nov 29 06:39:46 EST 2000

Tim Barnett <tbarnett at bimcore.emory.edu> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am looking for software that will identify direct and inverted repeats
>in amino acid sequences. Does anyone have any advice on this?

There was a paper "A Census of Protein Repeats", by Marcotte,
Pellegrini, Yeates & Eisenberg in J.M.B. 293 (1998), p. 151-160

Surely they describe the algorithm they used, and maybe it's available
as a software or www-Interface.

HTH, Frank
--
» (robin at radioactive):(~)$ echo "useless use of cat" > cat;cat cat
  useless use of cat