electroporator

Wed Nov 29 12:15:32 EST 2000

bsturner at mbcrr.harvard.edu (Bradley Turner) wrote:
:
:Hello Dima et al.,
:
:I've just purchased a BTX ECM 630. I haven't even unpacked
:it yet.  And I'm not yet familiar with the details of electroporation.
:
:Do you know how that model compares to either the
:Eppi or the BioRad?  I know that they also make a more
:full featured model (830 I think) that they claim can be used
:even in 'in vitro' fertilization e-poration. And they have pretty
:extensive/detailed protocols available online

Barring problems with electronics in this new machine (very, very
unlikely with BTX), ECM 630 should be an excellent choice.
It actually looks better than Bio-Rad.

BTX made one of the first commercially available electroporators.
Genetronics is founded by one of the well known investigators
in the field of electroporation and electropfusion [a field now almost
unexistent]. If the price is right, I'd choose ECM 630 over
Gene Pulser II.

        - Dima