Ponceau S staining problem...

Neal Robert Melvin nrmelvin at ucalgary.ca
Thu Nov 30 03:15:44 EST 2000

I've tried 2 or 3 different protocols for Ponceau staining of
nitrocellulose membranes, and can't seem to get my proteins to stain...
the subsequent westerns are fine, indicating that protein electrophoresis
and blotting was successful... but all I ever see with Ponceau is the
tracking dye showing up. This doesn't appear to be a matter of amount of
proteins, as I've tried putting a lot on the membrane and still nothing.
I'm using Bio-Rad NC if that is useful info... any suggestions??

Neal

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the
source of all true art and science"

-- Albert Einstein

Neal Melvin
University of Calgary - Faculty of Medicine
Department of Neuroscience - Neuroscience Research Group (NRG)
Health Sciences Centre
3330 Hospital Drive, NW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
T2N 4N1